10/6/08 TVFL Meeting
- Discussed state allocations and how it was awarded. I will put it on our homepage.
- Passed out Assessment Statement that coaches can get online at the CHSSA site due December 1st.
- As a coach, you may want to join the NFHS Speech, Debate, and Theatre Association because along with support material you also get liability insurance.
- Each Area is responsible for submitting 2 Bills & 2 Resolutions to the state tournament. Our topics are Energy Policy & Military Conflict and Intervention. You can get all six areas with explanations on our homepage.
- Some coaches signed a petition for a state wide referendum on using laptops in Policy Debate rounds.
- Coaches can order DVD's from the CHSSA website on OA, Congress, and Expos. You can get TI for free if you pay your dues on time.
- Coaches can also check CHSSA minutes online if they are interested.
- Coaches can download the California Speech Bulletin from online. It has examples of winning speeches in it.
- Coaches were assigning bills to specific schools which I'll post once I get the list.